Hosted by Terrell McTyer, Minister of New Church Strategies, New Church Hacks provides practical (and sometimes peculiar) prompts for churches from start to restart. This webinar series is jam-packed with clever solutions to tricky problems and empowers courageous leaders with the tools, tips and how-tos to start, sustain and strengthen congregations. For regular updates, be sure to check this page and follow along on social media with #NewChurchHacks!
Successfully managing a period of change takes art, intuition, skill, strong listening, effective communication, and spiritual discernment. When done correctly, change management can help a leader gain respect and loyalty. Done poorly, it can have adverse effects on the organization and its people.
Managing change is often daunting to oversee, especially during challenging circumstances. These hacks will help you adjust to change by working with your team to create and execute imaginative plans. Learn to:
- Launch major transformation efforts to keep your members’ heads above water
- Make plans to overcome those who oppose the transformation
- Enable others within the ministry to drive change themselves
- Build the necessary skills to foster flexibility
- Contribute to an organizational culture of adaptability
- Get your mind, emotions, and behavior in the same direction of the shift.
Joining us for our latest episode are Carla Leon (Innovation & Special Projects lead for EDGE – A Network for Ministry Development of the United Church of Canada), Jennifer DeCoste (Host and Facilitator of Elemental Communities), and Terry A. Crump (Mental Health Initiative Team of the National Benevolent Association, owner of Crump Wellness Services, and clinical psychologist).